Dating International (“DI”)
Privacy & Security
DI recognize that your privacy is very important and that you have a right to control your personal information. We understand that providing personal information is an act of trust and we strive to protect your personal information and safeguard your privacy.
Information Collection and Use
- As necessary to provide the introduction and relationship services provided by DI; and
- To communicate with you about DI services including newsletters (you may opt out of receiving such communications at any time); and
- To advertise services and products of DI partners; and
- To provide services that you have requested from DI; and
- To comply with any legal obligations or court orders; and
- To protect a member in the event of an emergency; and
- To maintain the integrity and security of our web site and your information.
What information we collect and what we do with it
DI collects a range of information to enable them to provide the best service and experience to its members including:
- All personal information you supply in order to become a member and to meet other members with a view to entering a relationship with the intention of future marriage; and
- Photographic images supplied by you for the purposes set out in (a) above; and
- Your contact details for the purposes set out in (a) above; and
- We collect information from posts and communications you make through the DI web site; and
- We may collect information about your computer, including your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and in order to create reports. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns does not identify any individual; and
- When you make payments through the DI web site you may provide payment information. We use third party payment facilities and do not store your credit card information; and
- We may collect information about you from third parties for the purposes of security and verification to ensure our members experiences are with genuine members; and
- This site uses the Lucky Orange analytics system to help improve usability and the customer experience. Lucky Orange may record mouse clicks, mouse movements and scrolling activity. Lucky Orange may record keystroke information that you voluntarily enter on this website. Lucky Orange does not track this activity on any site that does not use the Lucky Orange system. You can choose to disable the Lucky Orange Service here. Note, that doing so will disable other features of the Lucky Orange system that this site may employ such as 1-to-1 support, and
- Facebook Pixel is another tool we use for analytics. It helps us track conversions from Facebook ads, allows us to optimise those ads based on the collected data and lets us build targeted audiences, and
- We use data collected from the third-party DoubleClick cookie to understand more about our visitors. This information can include age, gender and specific interest categories.
- Members of DI are not allowed to sell, share or in any other way distribute the personal contact information of other members of DI that they receive through DI; and
- We partner with other parties to provide specific services, such as tours. When the user signs up for these services, we will share names, or other contact information that is necessary for the third party to provide these services. These parties are not allowed to use personally identifiable information except for the purpose of providing these services.
Information you obtain from DI
Information you obtain from DI about other members is received by you only for the purposes of meeting other members with a view to entering a relationship with the intention of future marriage and cannot be used for:
- The purposes of a media broadcast, unless otherwise explicitly agreed in writing, and should be treated as private and confidential, including but not limited to photos of DI members, the personal ads of DI members, the success stories of DI members and any other information that the members of DI share with DI or agree to be published on the DI website; and
- The publication of such information on DI web site does not mean that such information is in the public domain and must be treated as private and confidential.
Single Women International Limited is registered in New Zealand and with the domain https://datinginternational.com/. Its servers are based in the United States of America.
How we share information
We may share information with third parties who provide services to DI to enable DI to provide a high quality secure service and to ensure that service is always of a high standard and secure.
These third-party providers will only be supplied information sufficient to enable them to provide the services DI has contracted them to provide.
DI currently shares information with the following third parties, but may use other providers in the future:
We use Cloudflare to help speed up the time it takes the site to respond to your requests. It also helps protect us from malicious activity like DDoS attacks, malicious bots and other nefarious intrusions. Cloudflare acts as a proxy between you and our servers, and collects information like IP addresses, system configuration information and other information about traffic to and from the site.
We use Xirsys as a service to improve the stability of our chat system. Xirsys is sent information about your network and IP address and uses this information to negotiate a connection with your chat partner.
We use Jangomail as a tool for email marketing. Your email address, name, location and date of birth as specified on your profile are shared with this service and are used to send marketing emails.
We use Google reCATPCHA to help protect the site from spam and abuse, namely attempted registrations and logins from bots. reCAPTCHA works by collecting your hardware and software information such as devices and application data and the results of integrity checks, and sends that data to Google for analysis.
In addition to the third party providers above, depending on your security settings, your personal information you enter on your profile will be visible to other members of DI.
This web site contains links to other sites. Please be aware that Dating International are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. This privacy statement applies solely to the information collected by Dating International’s web site.
How we protect your information
We take protection of your information seriously including collection, transmission, storage and use of that information.
DI takes all reasonable steps to protect it but no-one can guarantee that there will never be an inadvertent release or breach of access to information or theft loss or destruction of information. DI cannot be responsible for the theft, destruction, loss or inadvertent disclosure of your information.
DI uses recognized security measures including encrypted payment services. DI members are responsible for ensuring they also use secure browsers and protect their information when online.
Members may amend their personal information at any time by editing their profile through the site.
Members may request that their personal information is withheld from viewing by other members by contacting DI and requesting that their profile is deactivated. If a profile is deactivated, the information is held on the site but is not visible to other members. If a deactivated member wishes to use the services of DI again, they can request that their profile is reactivated at any time and the information will be made available to other members from that point.
Members may request that their personal information is deleted from the site and this can be done by contacting DI and requesting that their profile is anonymised. Once a member’s personal information is anonymised, it is permanently deleted from our site. If an anonymised member wishes to use the services of DI again, that member must reregister and complete a new profile
European Union members
For members based in the European Union, you have a right to access, rectify, download or erase your information, together with the right to restrict and object to some processing of your information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain are limited as follows:
- Where you request access to your information
You can access much of your information by logging into your account. If you are in need of additional access or if you are not a DI member, contact us through https://datinginternational.com/ To request a copy of the information we hold on you.
Where you request DI Rectify, Restrict, Limit, Delete your information
In addition, you may rectify, restrict, limit or delete much of your information by logging into your account. If you are unable to do this, please contact us at https://datinginternational.com/
- Where you object
Where we collect and process your information as described in this policy and our terms and conditions, you have the right to object to DI processing your information in certain circumstances. Should you object to DI processing your information we will cease processing it unless we have compelling legitimate grounds to continue processing or where it is needed for legally justified reasons.
- Where you revoke consent
Where you have previously provided your consent to DI collecting and processing your information you have the right to withdraw your consent to such collection and processing at any time. Even though you have withdrawn your consent we may continue to process your information after such withdrawn consent in circumstances where DI is legally justified or compelled to do so or your withdrawal was limited to specific information or processing.
- Where you complain
If you would like to raise a concern about DI’s use of your information you have the right to do so with your local supervisory authority.
How Long we Retain your information
DI retains your information for as long as is necessary to enable DI to provide its services to you and other members.
DI may also retain your information after you cancel your membership in order to:
- maintain the security and integrity of its service; and
- to pursue any former member for outstanding fees owing; and
- to prevent any fraudulent or unlawful activity through our web site now or in the future; and
- comply with any legal obligation or Court order.
Any other information DI holds that is no longer necessary for DI to retain may be aggregated and any identifying features removed in order to provide statistical information that DI can use to enhance its service.
This policy was last updated 16 January 2018.